Jun 24, 2008

Is It Wrong?



On Father's Day, my family got together for lunch after church. Then we all took naps, because... isn't that what you're SUPPOSED to do on Sunday afternoon? (If it isn't, please don't tell me. It would scar me for life.) After all the good little boys and girls awoke from our naps, we gathered over here at Casa de Castro for some fellowship and food. You know, chips and sandwiches and the like.

My momma made tuna salad. Lotsa people make tuna salad. But my ma? She makes gggooooooooooddddd tuna salad. Apparently during our six years of marriage, Studly Man had never overdosed on had my mom's tuna salad. And that? Well, that's a crime.

He mentioned s.e.v.e.r.a.l. times how good her tuna salad was.

Me? I took the hint.

Night before last when I was making the grocery list, I said, "I'll get the stuff and make you some tuna salad." His response: "Like your mom's?????"

"Yes, dear. Like my mom's."


Geez.


Now Studly Man has some hobbies. One of them is fishing. In fact, he'd rather fish than breathe. Okay, probably not really, but close. Tomorrow, he and Paul, his buddy since the first grade, are going fishing at a great big lake north of here. He's so excited, he can hardly stand it. When I got home from work tonight, he had the car packed. He announced he'd be going to bed around 9:00 p.m. since he'd be getting up around 3:00 a.m. My response: "Are you sleeping in the guest room?"

He is.

Now being the thoughtful wife I am, I decided I'd whip up a batch of Ma's Special Tuna Salad just for the fishing trip.

And then....

it occurred to me.

Is that right? Is it ethical? Is it moral? Dare I contribute to the trauma of a striper bass?

It would be kind of ironic. There's Studly sitting in the boat, line in the water, cool drink next to him and a tuna fish sandwich in his hand. Mr. Striper Bass swims up to the boat and sees his cousin, well, um... IN Studly's sandwich. Studly takes a big 'ole bite and says to him, "Mr. Striper Bass, have no fear. All ya hafta do is swim over here, hop on this little hook I've got for ya, and I'll eat you on a pretty little sandwich, too."

Is that wrong?

Maybe Jessica Simpson could help me make chicken sandwiches. I did get Chicken of the Sea. And that IS tuna, right?




2 comments:

Paula V said...

FUNNN-EEEEE.
I enjoyed this.

Diane Meyer said...

Bah ha ha! I say make the tuna salad and come what may!