Apr 6, 2009

Doesn't Everyone?

The Gregorian calendar says today is April 6. That's 17 full days after the beginning of Spring. More than two weeks! The vernal equinox marks the end of Winter and the beginning of Spring.

So why is it supposed to get down to 28 degrees tonight? Unless I remember incorrectly, that's below freezing. And temperatures below freezing don't occur in Texas 17 days after the first day of Spring.

Wasn't there some big movie about the Earth having a fever and the giant threat that is global warning?

Guess Al wasted his money on that!

FREEZING!

In April!

My local nursery and the weathermen on every channel were kind enough to warn me to bring the plants in. So I did what any smart wife would do. I asked Studly to bring in the potted plants.


He's such a good boy. He did it!

(I'm keeping him.)

I walked by the bathroom on the far side of the house a while ago. Something seemed strange.

I turned the light on in there, and this is what I found:


The bathroom has become a temporary greenhouse.


Doesn't everyone store potted plants in the shower?

If they have to stay in there very long, it will be easy to water them. That Studly is genius. Pure genius!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We knew he was genius! He picked YOU didn't he???!!!!
Dad

Sheryl said...

he is a keeper!!

seriously though, the weather is ridiculous everywhere. global warming, huh???

Suzanne said...

Crazy, isn't it? I keep wanting to sit out on my back porch in the evening, but between the wind and the temperature I haven't been able to yet. Oh well, could be much worse I guess. :)

Paula V said...

He's a funny boy...keeper and good boy. Love the pics. You got a lot of em, huh?

I hear what you are saying. Even though I live much more north in Indiana, it's still not right to have spring 50-60-70s and then snow. That's right. Light dusting this morning. Not right. 60s to return in a day or two. Not right, I say.
Come visit me. Miss your visits. I have a give-away contest going.