Sep 9, 2008

Great Online Bible Study Tool


It's hump day, and that means it's time for Works For Me Wednesday over at Rocks in My Dryer.

Lotsa folks use BibleGateway.com for online Bible study assistance. It is a great program that has cool features including some versions in audio format.

However, my FAVORITE online Bible study spot is Crosswalk.com. What makes this site unique is how it incorporates the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance references INTO several of the versions, and it is FREE! Other web sites charge for downloadable versions that include Strong's.

If you've ever done a Precept Upon Precept Bible study by Kay Arthur, you'll know she always teaches from the New American Standard version. Now when I need to do a word study in the original language (Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic), I go to Crosswalk.com, then to Resources (towards the bottom left), and then Bible Study Tools. Under the Classic Bible Study Tools, the second option is Online Study Bible, and various options are available. I usually choose "NAS with Strong's Numbers," and then I have all of my study materials right there on the screen. No more big books to clutter my desk or table top!

Crosswalk.com also has great commentaries, dictionaries, maps, concordances, parallel Bibles, encyclopedias, and lexicons. It is simply "one stop shopping" for all your Bible study needs!

Here's a link to the online Bible study page.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I needed this so much!
Ruby's Fairy Godmother!

Ann said...

Great tip! I use www.blueletterbible.org when I want Strongs, but it's only linked to the KJV (which I'd rather read a different translation).

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!! Added this to my SHORTCUTS!
Dad

Beth Wright (P31 OBS Team Member) said...

Man, just what I needed. I just started a 33 wk Bible Study called Disciple and I'm gonna need lots of references!! Thanks so much!

The Greek Chorus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wanda said...

Very good, friend.
Excellent help!

Thanks.

Erin K. said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Audra Krell said...

I too love Crosswalk, so I'm glad to see you shared it here. Thanks also for providing instructions, they change the site often, so navigation can be difficult, but so, so worth it.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Thank you for sharing this! I was just doing a word study yesterday and wasn't sure how to go about it.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I've heard of Crosswalk many times and used it for other reasons; I did not know this service was available. thank you!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Thanks for the great tip! I'll try that!